Frequently Asked Questions
• What is Kolorex® Advanced Care?
Kolorex® Advanced Care is an antifungal complementary medicine containing active Horopito which assists in the treatment of fungal infections.
• Is Kolorex® Advanced Care a probiotic?
No. Kolorex® Advanced Care is a natural and effective antifungal medicine. Probiotics are taken to assist in the reformation or maintenance of the optimal colonies of good bacteria in the gut. Kolorex® Advanced Care and probiotics work together to create the desired balance in the gut for a healthy immune system.
• Can I take Kolorex® Advanced Care if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
Kolorex® Advanced Care is not recommended during pregnancy and lactation. Speak to your Healthcare provider for more information.
• How do I know whether I have a Candida fungal overgrowth in the vagina?
You will experience unpleasant symptoms of vaginal itching, discharge and burning during urination. Speak to your healthcare provider if you are concerned that you may have an infection.
• What is the difference between Kolorex® Advanced Care and topical antifungal creams?
Topical antifungal creams are applied to specific areas of skin affected by fungal infections. Kolorex® Advanced Care is a softgel capsule taken to control Candida fungal overgrowth in the gut which assists in the treatment of vaginal fungal infections. Kolorex® Advanced Care is clinically proven to work from day one and control Candida fungal overgrowth for at least 6 months.
• Who is the Kolorex® Advanced Care user?
Woman above the age of 12 years who suffer from recurrent vaginal thrush and fungal infections.
• Can Diabetics use Kolorex® Advanced Care?
Kolorex® Advanced Care can be used in conjunction with diabetic medication.
• How long can I use Kolorex® Advanced Care for?
Kolorex® Advanced Care can be taken long term. It is suggested you discuss long term usage with an experienced health professional.
• Can I use Kolorex® Advanced Care with my vaginal cream?
Kolorex® Advanced Care can complement your other thrush medication, such as antifungal creams.
• Where to find Kolorex® Advanced Care?
• Where can I buy Kolorex® Digestive Care?
Kolorex® Digestive Care is available in pharmacies nationwide without prescription.
• Who is the Kolorex® Digestive Care user?
Adults above the age of 12 years who suffer from persistent bloating and abdominal discomfort due to a fungal overgrowth in the gut.
• Can Kolorex® Digestive Care be taken with pre- and probiotics?
Yes, their actions are complimentary. While Kolorex® Digestive Care is busy destroying unwanted Candida, supplementation with pre-and probiotics will help to re-establish strong colonies of good bacteria and create an environment that reduces Candida fungal overgrowth.
• Can I take Kolorex® Digestive Care if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
Kolorex® Digestive Care is not recommended during pregnancy and lactation. Speak to your Healthcare provider for more information.
• Can fungal overgrowth cause disease?
Fungal overgrowth has been associated with several diseases of the gut. Disruption of healthy bacteria is frequently accompanied by fungal overgrowth and an inflammatory response in the gut, which may contribute to the development of disease. Low-level inflammation, in turn, promotes fungal overgrowth, creating a vicious cycle. Studies have documented fungal overgrowth in people with:
•Inflammatory bowel disease
•Duodenal ulcers (healing of stomach ulcers is also slower in people whose stomachs are colonised by Candida)
•Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
• What can I expect when using Kolorex® Digestive Care?
A few people may experience mild, transient headaches and nausea in the first few days of therapy, commonly known as a Herxheimreaction or Candida die-off. This occurs as a result of the breakdown products that are released when the Candida fungal overgrowth is destroyed. It is not an unwanted reaction and should be recognised as an encouraging sign. The dose of Kolorex® Digestive Care can be adjusted as needed.
• Where to find Kolorex® Digestive Care?
•Clicks: At the dispensary or over the counter section
•Dis-chem: In the front shop where the gastro preparations and probiotics are kept – vitamin section
•Independent pharmacies: Ask your pharmacist or shop assistant
1. Kolorex® Advanced Intestinal Care package insert and patient information leaflet.
2. McCallion RF, Cole ALJ, Walker JRL et al. Antibiotic Substances from New Zealand Plants. J Medicinal Plant Research. 1982;44:134-138.
3. Kolorex® Scientific Summary V12, March 2015.
4. Government of South Australia SA Health. Thrush - including symptoms, treatment and prevention. read article
5. Kumari A, Bishier MP, Naito Y, et al. Protective effect of an oral natural phytonutrient in recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis: a 12-month study. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 2011;25(4):545-53.
6. Patient Platform Limited. Vaginal and Vulval Candidiasis. read article
7. Myers, A. Anxious? Moody? Depressed? Why You Might Have Candida. Mind Body Green. read article.
8. 10 Psychological Effects of Having Candida Yeast Overgrowth. Yeastinfection.org. read article